Daddy-Approved Ultimate Beach Packing List
If you have kids, you probably know that they thrive at the beach. The sound of crashing waves, the smell of salt in the air, and the sight of white sand under their feet are sure to leave them feeling relaxed and inspired.
However, as much as they might love a little fun in the sun, a lot of parents find organizing a day at the beach with their children to be challenging. Fortunately, there’s no need for you to worry about it since we’re here to give you ideas on a beach packing list so everyone has a blast at the beach!
So read on for more details and tips on how to organize a day at the beach with your kids.
Affiliate Disclaimer—This page contains affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of the links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our beach time here in South Korea will be different from the beaches we’ve been to in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Whether you’re in Da Nang, Vietnam, or Manly Beach in Sydney, kids need similar things when their feet hit that warm sand. We hit the beach several times a year here and many of the items, on this beach packing list, are a must for any family going out to sandy shores.
Plan Ahead Of Time
As mentioned in some of my previous posts, kids thrive with routines. Make a simple plan of what will be happening on your beach excursion. Depending on where you are in the world and which beaches you’ll be enjoying keep in mind that some beaches have strict regulations, and some don’t.
Does the beach destination have lifeguards on hand? If so, between which times? It’s crucial to have this type of information because some world beaches will not allow you to swim if the lifeguards are not working, so prepare in advance because not being able to swim will completely ruin your plans.
Also, call or check your local or state agency’s website to see if the beach is opened and not closed due to unexpected conditions such as: algea growth, poor water quality, jelly fish, shark sightings and others.
So, all is checked and you’re plan is up and running?
Family Beach Packing List
- Sun Protection SPF 30 or higher(waterproof)
- Sun hat
- Beach bag
- Beach towels
- Water Proof Swim Diapers(depending on age)
- Aqua/ Water Shoes
- Dry Clothes
- Beach Umbrella
- A Large Mat
- Life Jackets
- Mosquito Spray
- Lightweight Pop Up Beach Tent
- Foldable Lightweight Beach chairs
- ***TIP+ INVEST IN rash guards FOR KIDS! They are cool and convenient and will prevent sunburn
- Dry bag for the wet clothes
- Plastic bag for trash
Beach Essentials Checklist! More…
Prep some music and activities
- Snorkel Mask/Goggles
- Sand Toys
- Balls(Volleyball, Beachball etc…)
- Inflatable Boat or others
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Water Gun
- PRINTABLE GAMES FOR THE BEACH!
Picnic Foods and drinks
- Cooler for Drinks and Food=Great option
- Simple Foods: Sandwiches, Veggies, Salads, Cold Pastas, etc… Something with minimal cleanup
- Beers, Cooler Drinks, Bottled Water and Sodas.
- Snacks like Chips, Cookies and Gim
- Ice Packs
Some Extras and Personal Items
Waterproof Camera/Aloe Vera/First Aid Kit/Credit Cards/Baby Powder
You’ll need extra pairs of everything as well…
Be flexible and have fun! Whether you’re going to a beach at a lake, river, or the ocean it’ll be a memorable day trip for the kids. Each family member will have their personal preference with things to bring. So, it’s a good idea to make sure that all the essential items are packed and ready to go before ‘BEACH DAY.’
Don’t overdo it and bring too much stuff. Whether you’re heading to a beach house or a simple day trip, family travel is a great way to build memories of more great times with Dad and Mom.
++Safety first! Keep your eyes on the kids at all times and make sure they stay hydrated with a water bottle or two. Take plenty of pictures and don’t forget to get involved in making that sandcastle or joining your little puddle jumpers in the water…
- Portable Water Play Mat: Bring along a portable water play mat that can be inflated and filled with water. This unique item provides a safe and contained space for your child to splash and play while keeping them cool. This one is for the much younger ones on the trip.
- Beach Scavenger Hunt: Create a beach scavenger hunt by making a list of items for your child to find on the beach, such as seashells, unique rocks, or seaweed. This activity promotes exploration and discovery while adding an element of adventure to their beach experience.
- Bubble Machine: Pack a portable bubble machine to create a whimsical atmosphere at the beach. Your child will enjoy chasing and popping bubbles, adding an extra dose of joy to their beach playtime.
Water Activities and Beach Toys
- Kiddie Pool: Consider bringing a small, foldable kiddie pool to the beach. This allows your child to have their own mini-pool experience right by the shore, complete with cool water and a safe space to splash around. You’ll need to use your muscles to fill the pool with ocean water.
- Beach Art Supplies: Encourage your child’s creativity by packing washable and non-toxic sidewalk chalk, allowing them to create colorful beach art on nearby pavements.
- Battery Powered Fan: Beat the heat with a solar-powered fan that provides a refreshing breeze for your child. This unique gadget harnesses the power of the sun to keep your little one cool and comfortable.
- Water Balloon Toss: Pack a few water balloons for a fun and refreshing game of water balloon toss. This activity adds an element of surprise and laughter to your beach outing
Not sure if you should bring your baby to the beach?? Read on~
Hey You!! “At our Facebook group for fathers, you’ll find a safe and supportive space where you can share your experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other dads from around the world. Join us today!!”