“We become what we think about”
What an intro right?… It’s from Earl Nightingale, an American radio speaker and author. This is the easiest positive self-talk quote for me. And, it’s the most accurate one in the universe…
Positive self-talk and affirmations are powerful tools for personal growth and motivation. By consciously directing our inner dialogue towards positive thoughts and adopting a positive mindset, we can overcome challenges, improve our mental health, and cultivate a successful and fulfilling life.
In this blog post, I will explore 60+ motivational quotes from famous individuals who have embraced the power of positive self-talk, affirmations, and a positive attitude. This is for anyone that needs a little ‘pat on the back’ whether you’re a dad or not.
Over the past years, I’ve been playing and tricking my subconscious mind into thinking great, fabulous, positive, and most importantly, kind words on a daily basis. I use positive self-talk whenever I can.
Here are some cool quotes from people you might know. I’ve also listed some great book ideas at the bottom of the article to help you as a dad and as a person.
Affiliate Disclaimer—This page contains affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of the links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Affirmations and Positive Self-Talk
- “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” -William Shakespeare
- “I am in control of my thoughts, and I choose positivity over negativity.” – Bong Shik
- “Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” – Émile Coué
- “I have the power to turn my dreams into reality through positive action.” -Unknown
- “I am deserving of success and happiness, and I will achieve them.” -Unknown
Overcoming Negative Thoughts and Self-Talk
- “I release all negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones.”
- “I choose to let go of self-doubt and embrace self-confidence.”
- “I am not defined by my past; I am creating a brighter future.”
- “I have the strength to overcome any challenge that comes my way.”
- “I am not a product of my circumstances; I am a product of my positive choices.” – Stephen Covey
The Power of Positive Mindset and Attitude
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change their future by merely changing their attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of allowing your circumstances to have power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
- “You can only become great at that thing you’re willing to sacrifice for.” –Maya Angelou
- “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Castaneda
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
Personal Growth and Self-Improvement
- “Investing in yourself is the best investment you can make. Commit to lifelong learning, personal development, and watch yourself soar to new heights.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
Famous Quotes for Self-Motivation
- “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Insights from Successful People
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”-Vincent Van Gogh
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
Cultivating a Positive Outlook and Mindset
- “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Your mindset is the lens through which you perceive the world. Choose positivity, and you’ll discover a world full of beauty, growth, and endless potential.” – Tony Robbins
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Nurturing Self-Love and Building Self-Esteem
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
Harnessing the Benefits of Positive Self-Talk
- “What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.” – Buddha
- “The subconscious mind is the key to unlocking your full potential.” – Joseph Murphy
- “Your thoughts shape your reality. Choose them wisely.” – Unknown
- “Positive self-talk is the fuel that propels you towards success.” – W.K.A
- “Repetitive self-talk creates new neural pathways and reinforces positive beliefs.” – Bob P.
Embracing a Better Approach for Personal Success
- “Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.” – Aisha Tyler
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
Insights from Wise Individuals
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “The mind is everything. What you think, you become.” – Buddha
- “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” – Buddha
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
Navigating Tough Times with Resilience
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.” – Dan Reeves
- “It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Rocky Balboa
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Remember, all the storms in someone’s life come to teach them something. It depends on them whether they learn from it or not.” – Zig Ziglar
Incorporating positive self-talk and affirmations into our daily routine, as dads, can profoundly impact our personal growth, mindset, and overall well-being. From family relationships and work to overall well-being, it really does work. Your spouse and kids will see the difference. ‘Daddy’ should take care of himself too, self-care is vital.
The wise words of these famous individuals remind us of the power we hold within ourselves to overcome challenges, nurture self-love, and embrace a positive outlook on life.
By adopting a positive mindset and harnessing the benefits of positive self-talk, we can navigate tough times with resilience, achieve our goals, and cultivate a successful and fulfilling personal life.
Let these quotes serve as a source of inspiration and motivation on your journey toward a brighter future.
++”Turn off any self-talk that tells you that you are destined to live a small life. You’re not.”-Loral Langemeier
++”Don’t be a victim of your thoughts.”-Darlene Lancer
++”The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”-Confucius
++”Be mindful of your self-talk. It’s a conversation with the universe.”-David James
MY 3 Favorites
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.
– Marcus Aurelius, philosopher
“If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”
– Vincent Van Gogh, artist
“We become what we think about.”
– Earl Nightingale, radio speaker, author
Hey You!! “At our Facebook group for fathers, you’ll find a safe and supportive space where you can share your experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other dads from around the world. Join us today!!”
Great Reads For Any Dads…
If you’re serious about getting ‘better’ or simply being ‘happier’ these books should be on your bookshelf at home.