Need A Little Extra Money?
We are all dads right?…and it is a full-time job! But what if you could have a side gig that not only brings in a little bit of cash but also adds some excitement to your life?
I wrote this article because I follow several dad groups on Facebook and this topic comes up weekly. So I took the time to write about it…There are so many choices out there so I picked only a few to introduce to you…I, myself, do online tutoring and blogging…and it’s been keeping me busy.
Side Job, Gig, Hustle…
With the gig economy being ever-so-popular since the pandemic, there are plenty of opportunities for dads to turn their skills and interests into cool side hustles. These gig jobs will only grow with time, as I see them as being a great way for everyday people to earn extra income.
**Affiliate Disclaimer—This page contains affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of the links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon and Share a Sale Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.**
From working for a social media marketing company to teaching online, there are endless possibilities. Not only can these side hustles help dads provide for their families, but they can also serve as a creative outlet and a way to connect with others.
I’m simply going to touch on a few things here. I’ll explore some of the easy-to-start side hustles for dads that are not only well-paid but also fun and fulfilling. So, if you’re a dad looking for a way to earn some extra money while pursuing your passions, keep reading! You might find a perfect job.
+++I did not include Only Fans or any of those. I kept it a little out of the box for you…
So here are several remote work options that dads can do from home. I’ve linked everyone of them on the bottom. Good luck~~
1. Online Tutoring:
With many moms and dads looking to expand their kid’s avenues with education, this keeps online tutoring in high demand. Dads with teaching or subject-specific knowledge can offer their services through platforms like TutorMe, Chegg, or Varsity Tutors. I do some online tutoring here in Korea with Korean companies. It’s very rewarding and low-stress.
Dads who have a way with words can make money by writing articles, blog posts, and other content for businesses and websites. Freelance platforms like Upwork and Fiverr connect writers with clients looking for their skills.
Look, mom! I’m writing blog posts! Yup… Here I am writing up articles for you lovely dads out there. And…It pays. So get up and get going.
I would highly recommend Newsbreak to make some extra money. I’ve never tried there for the only reason that I’m in Korea, and they accept only writers from the U.S. I heard great things about them through a VIP bloggers group that I follow… Check them out!
++Also with ChapGPT there’s no excuse why you’re not writing something for someone, somewhere!
3-Social Media Management
Many small businesses are looking for help managing their social media accounts. Dads who are tech-savvy and creative can offer their services as social media managers through platforms like Hootsuite, Buffer, and Sprout Social.
Even on my side, I have daddysimply.com, Tiktok, a Facebook group page, Pinterest and Youtube. So, all these combined take a lot of my time weekly to update and upload. No, I’m not complaining, I’m simply saying that there are people like me who need people like you to manage all this. (No I’m not hiring…yet!)
If your dad has a creative streak and knows his way around design software, he can make money by designing logos, marketing materials, and other graphics for businesses. Platforms like 99designs and Designhill are well-known in the GD community and are worth a look at!
Many small businesses need help with their bookkeeping but don’t have the resources to hire a full-time accountant. Dads with accounting or finance backgrounds can offer their services as virtual bookkeepers through platforms like Bench.co and Bookminders.
++This would hit the spot with dads who love numbers! That’s not me, but I heard great things about the above-mentioned companies through a little blogging grapevine.
A Good Option for me?
- Online Tutoring: Online tutoring is a flexible and well-paying side hustle. According to ZipRecruiter, online tutors can earn between $15 to $60 per hour, depending on their experience and the subject they’re teaching. Some popular online tutoring platforms include TutorMe, Chegg, and Varsity Tutors.
Not sure how they will match you with your students, but several companies accommodate students from Asia. So, when your kids are sleeping you could be teaching and saving up for your kid’s education!
- TutorMe pays its tutors $16 per hour, and there is potential to earn bonuses for excellent performance. If you check out their website you’ll see that you’ll need to have graduated from a University with a bachelor’s degree. You don’t need to be located in the U.S. for this one too! Pretty cool.
- Chegg pays its tutors a base rate of $20 per hour, and experienced tutors can earn up to $1,000 per month.
- Varsity Tutors pays its tutors between $15 to $50 per hour, depending on their experience and the subject they’re teaching.
- VIPKid (www.vipkid.com)
Ask an AI Writer to help!
2. Freelance Writing: Freelance writing is a good place to start to make money from home, especially for dads with a knack for writing. According to PayScale, freelance writers can earn an average of $24 per hour. Freelance platforms like Upwork and Fiverr can help you get your work seen.
- Upwork offers opportunities for freelance writers to bid on jobs ranging from blog posts to technical writing. Pay varies depending on the client and the project, but experienced writers can earn upwards of $50 per hour.
- Fiverr is a platform where freelancers can showcase their skills and set their own rates. Freelance writers on Fiverr typically charge between $25 to $100 per article, depending on the length and complexity of the content. I’ve personally dealt with Fiverr ever since I wrote my book Golden Shadows back in 2016…Great company and great possibilities for dads to make nice money, especially if you have your niche.
- Social Media Management: Social media management is a growing industry, and there is a high demand for experienced social media managers. According to Glassdoor, social media managers can earn an average of $50,473 per year. Platforms like Hootsuite, Buffer, and Sprout Social offer opportunities for social media managers to work remotely.
- Hootsuite is a popular social media management platform that offers a range of plans for businesses of all sizes. Social media managers who work for Hootsuite typically earn between $50,000 to $70,000 per year.
- Buffer is another social media management platform that hires remote social media managers. The average salary for a Buffer social media manager is $65,000 per year.
- Sprout Social is a social media management platform that hires remote social media managers. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Sprout Social social media manager is $60,000 per year.
Learn How To Use Canva
- Graphic Design: Graphic design is a highly sought-after skill, and there is a demand for talented designers who can create visually appealing designs for businesses. According to PayScale, graphic designers can earn an average of $47,000 per year. Platforms like 99designs and Designhill connect designers with clients who need their skills. Check out Canva! Your Best Friend for this side hustle.
- 99designs is a platform where clients can host design contests and designers can submit their work for consideration. The prize money for design contests varies depending on the client and the project, but talented designers can earn upwards of $1,000 per project.
- Designhill is another player in the game that connects designers with clients. Designers on Designhill can charge their rates for their work, with the average project ranging from $100 to $500.
- Virtual Bookkeeping: Virtual bookkeeping could be one of the cool side hustles for dads with these backgrounds. According to PayScale, bookkeepers can earn an average of $17.50 per hour. Platforms like Bench.co and Bookminders offer opportunities for virtual bookkeepers to work remotely.
- Bench.co is a virtual bookkeeping platform that hires remote bookkeepers. The average salary for a Bench.co bookkeeper is $44,462 per year.
- Bookminders is another virtual bookkeeping platform that offers remote bookkeeping services to small businesses. Bookminders bookkeepers typically earn between $14 to $24 per hour, depending on their experience.
Where to start?
You must at least start… Check the sites I’ve given and see how you can help… You gotta start if you wanna start.
Also…It’s important to know that the potential earnings for each of these side hustles can vary depending on factors like experience, skill level, and the amount of time and effort put in. The companies mentioned can change their fees and hourly range for good and bad. So please contact them to check where they are in terms of hourly wages and contracts.
But, with dedication and hard work, a stay-at-home parent can earn good money from these best side hustles while working from home in their spare time. It’s up to you how much or how little you can work. Keep in mind that many of these are competitive so you should contact them asap!
Recap + Many More Side Hustles
Becoming a freelance writer or graphic designer
Becoming a social media manager
Selling products through your online store or flea markets
Harness your knowledge
Offering online courses or personal training services
Making money from your words
Blogging/Vlogging and YouTube channel creation.
I started my own blog a while back and it’s fun. If you’re comfortable in front of the camera and have unique content ideas, starting a YouTube channel can be a great way to generate income.
You can create videos on topics of your interest, like fitness, cooking, parenting, tech reviews, or educational content. Once your channel gains popularity, you can earn money through ad revenue, sponsorships, and affiliate marketing.
Data entry and online surveys
The perfect side hustle for those who love detail
High demand in customer service
Working your own hours from home
Real estate and thrift stores
Unconventional side hustles with potential
Rent out your spare room
Hey why not? Do you remember www.couchsurfing.com
It’s an easy way to get potential clients to sleep over and you can earn extra cash from them staying on your sofa or spare room.
Affiliate marketing involves promoting other companies’ products and earning a commission for every sale or lead generated through your referral. If you have a blog, a website, or a substantial following on social media, you can consider becoming an affiliate marketer. Amazon Associates, ShareASale, and ClickBank are some popular affiliate marketing platforms.
Virtual assistance is yet another flexible job that allows you to earn a decent income from home. A virtual assistant (VA) provides administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients remotely. Tasks may include managing emails, scheduling appointments, managing social media accounts, or updating websites. Websites like Belay and Indeed can help you find VA opportunities.
Selling your photos online
Software development or coding
Building websites or creating apps
Converting audio files into text
Helping others achieve their fitness goals as a personal trainer.
Home repairs or handyman services
Fixing things around the house
Gardening or landscaping services
Helping people beautify their outdoor spaces
Personal chef or meal delivery
Cooking for those who don’t have the time or skills
Pet sitting or dog walking
Taking care of animals for busy owners could be a great side hustle.
Cleaning and restoring vehicles to a like-new condition
Data entry is a simple yet effective way to earn money from home. The job involves entering information into electronic formats using data processing programs. Websites like Indeed, Upwork, and Freelancer.com often have data entry job listings.
If you live in a city where electric scooters are common, you can earn money as a scooter charger. Companies like Bird and Lime pay individuals to pick up, charge, and return their scooters to designated locations.
With the rising popularity of podcasts, there’s a growing demand for podcast editors. As a podcast editor, you’ll be responsible for editing and polishing the audio files to ensure high-quality content. If you have a keen ear and knowledge of audio editing software, this could be a suitable job for you.
Child Care Provider
Providing child care services can be a rewarding job that also allows you to spend time with your own kids. You can offer to take care of kids in your neighborhood during work hours. Check out Care.com to find babysitting opportunities in your area.
Many companies hire remote recruiters to help them find the right candidates for their open positions. As a recruiter, you’ll search for candidates, screen resumes, conduct initial interviews, and help with hiring decisions.
Starting a podcast can be a great way to share your thoughts, ideas, or expertise with the world. Once you gain a substantial number of listeners, you can monetize your podcast through sponsorships, affiliate marketing, or selling your own products.
Keep in mind that these websites and platforms are constantly evolving, and new opportunities may emerge over time. It’s always a good idea to research each platform, read reviews, and understand their terms and conditions before getting started with your chosen side hustle.
Also, depending on where you’re reading from in the world, these side hustles will greatly differ.
Happy hustling Fellas!
Hey You!! “At our Facebook group for fathers, you’ll find a safe and supportive space where you can share your experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other dads from around the world. Join us today!!”